QuadW Summer Missional Internship
"Radical servanthood challenges us to reveal the gentle presence of our compassionate God in the midst of our broken world."
- Henry Nouwen
WATCH THE VIDEO
“Missions is the overflow of our delight in God because missions is the overflow of God’s delight in being God.”
- John Piper
What is QuadW?
The QuadW Missional Internship is a paid summer internship for college-age young adults. Interns are deeply immersed in relationally serving a local community in the name of Jesus, while in the context of living and practicing spiritual disciplines together. Why? To develop leaders – the kind of leaders who live out their faith in such a way as to change lives and communities through the sharing of God’s unconditional love.
Our church is excited to partner and host QuadW Missional Interns for the summer in the greater Columbus Area. Interns will be stretched beyond their comfort zones as they serve those in need and live in Christian community with one another. They will be equipped and trained to make a difference in the world. And they will experience the joy of their salvation in ways they never imagined!
“It is surely a fact of inexhaustible significance that what the Lord left behind Him was not a book, nor a creed, nor a system of thought, nor a rule of life, but a visible community.”
- Lesslie Newbigin
The Work of the Internship
The QuadW Missional Internship experience has six primary components:
Hands-On Missional Service
Mentoring / Coaching
Next Step Planning
What can I expect?
We are located near the Ohio State University, five-to-ten-minutes walking distance from our local building. It is arguably, the biggest university in the United States; it has the enrollment of 65,000 students. Our proximity to a large urban university campus gives us access to many local churches, parachurches, diverse communities, government and non-profit agencies, and missional organizations to develop various urban ministries in partnership.
Possible ministry opportunities during this summer:
- *OSU, Columbus State University, and Otterbein University Campus Ministry
- *Conversational Partner with International Students at the Ohio State University
- *Global Summer Tutoring, Middle and High School Students Working with the new immigrants and refugee families (Hispanic, Sierra Leone, Nepalese, Somali, Haitian, and Cambodian)
- *Various Inner-City Youth Programs and Outreach
- *Working with local community shelter and food pantry
- *Help Organize Conferences
- *Yard work with a minor renovation in Ministry sites